Current COVID-19 Information
The Cliffs has and always will be committed to providing a safe and clean experience for all of our guests; including hotel, restaurant, events and spa patrons.
As travel resumes, we are excited to welcome you back to our property, and have outlined the steps we are taking to ensure your feel comfortable spending time at our hotel and spa.
Guest Safety Measures
- Please maintain at least 6 feet social distance from other parties.
- Practice frequent hand washing (for 20 seconds or more) especially after visiting common areas.
- Please wear a mask when speaking with staff, or with other guests on property.
- Please stay home if you are exhibiting any flu or cold like symptoms or if you currently have a fever.
- Please cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
Employee Safety Measures
- All employees have been provided PPE, and are required to wear masks when in public areas or interacting with guests.
- All employees have been trained on proper PPE usage, hand washing, and respiratory etiquette.
- Employees will stay home if exhibiting any flu or cold like symptoms, and submit a health survey at the beginning of each work day.
- Participate in frequent cleaning and sanitation of work environment.
- We encourage staff feedback to improve upon the safety measures we have put in place, as operation and guest levels change.
Hotel & Pool Action Steps
- Stay Over Service - Service during stay is provided upon request. We are happy to provide trash and towel service to all guests unless otherwise requested.
- Decorative Bedding: All Decorative Bedding in the Guest Room has been removed.
- Increased Sanitation: Guest rooms are receiving a second, post-cleaning sanitation once the housekeeper is finished preparing the guest room.
- Capacity Limits: The pool has a 70 person maximum capacity(35 chairs, 2 chairs per room), therefore we will go to a wait list once it hits capacity and enforce a 2 hour time limit for travelling parties.
Restaurant Action Steps
- We have moved to "order at the counter" to decrease employee to guest contact.
- All front of house and back of house culinary team members are wearing masks during food preparation and throughout service.
- All surfaces are sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- We have discontinued all self serve and banquet food and beverage services.
- Tables have been spaced at least 6 feet apart to promote social distancing.
- Pool and In Room Dining Breakfast will be served in to go packaging.
- To Go orders are still encouraged!
DiaFeliz Action Steps
- Reduced Capacity - Services will be offered in four time blocks throughout the day, all OUTDOORS, to reduce the number of guests in the spa at any given time.
- Increased Cleaning & Disinfection: The therapists and spa attendants have been provided new checklists with additional areas of concentration for cleaning between, during and after treatment.
- Protection: For the safety of our guests and staff, all staff members will wear masks throughout treatment. Massage guests will be asked to wear a mask throughout service, we have discontinued any facial massage at this time. Guests visiting for aesthetic treatments will not be required to wear a mask, however the esthetitician will wear additional PPE.
- Amenities: Our spa is entirely in the open air now, per government regulations. We currently offer massage and nail services in outdoor tents. We are currently not offering foot soaks or snacks.
- Food & Beverage Offerings: At this time we have discontinued all communal areas of snacks and beverages. We will provide a water and small treat in the locker upon check-in. A glass of complimentary champagne will be provided at the end of service.
- Bedding: All massage tables will be covered with a vinyl sheet for easy cleaning, and the ultimate level of sanitation for our guests per the California State recommendations for aesthetic services. The top and fitted sheet will remain on the bed as well. We have disposable cradle covers being used for each treatment. All of these covers are to provide an additional layer of sanitation and cleanliness to the rooms.
- Day Passes: At this time day passes for the spa have been discontinued, only guests paying for services will be permitted into the spa, locker room and outdoor spa reception.
Hotel and Spa Amenities
Pool is open, we will be enforcing reduced capacity, with a two hour maximum time limit to allow all guests to enjoy.
Jacuzzi is open by appointment!
Fitness Center is currently closed due to California State Mandate.
Marisol our restaurant is offering to go meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as in guestroom dining. You can reach us by dialing "0" from your room phone or you can call us at 805.773.5000.
DiaFeliz is currently closed due to California State Mandate.
Salt + Sundry is currently closed.
We appreciate you selecting the Cliffs Hotel as your destination of choice on the central coast, and look forward to welcoming you for many years to come!
San Luis Obispo County.
We are closely monitoring the situation, abiding by all State and Federal regulations, and we are keeping up to date on the news, county information, and direction from the world health organization as well as the CDC.